“Purpose”, “calling”, and “destiny” are things we are all too famiiar with as women. Who we are supposed to be and what we are supposed to be doing can easily consume us. We can find ourselves spending more time on producing things for God, that at times we miss building intimacy with Him completely.
With so many pushes to find, to define and walk in your “purpose”, “calling”, and “destiny”, I wanted to bring attention to a prolific wife, mother, author, speaker, Bible teacher, director/producer/songwriter/artist/all the things, voice and woman to join us as we unpack this needed topic!
Kim Cash Tate is all of the above and more. In this episode, Ayanna asks Kim a series of questions that help us to frame our pursuit of God to embody that of one who desires to cling to Him more and more, each day.
Please enjoy part one of this amazing chat that I had with Kim Cash Tate!
Questions I Asked Kim:
Who are you to Jesus, who are you to others and what do you do with the loaned oxygen our God has given you?
How did you get your start? I know that The Lord saved you at the age of 27. How has His faithfulness carried you into what you do now?
Speaking of clinging to God, how has your regular time in study helped propel you into the CLING ministry you lead today?
When looking at the culture’s response to pursuing “purpose”, “calling” and “destiny”, how do we keep a Christ-centered and intimacy-driven approach to stewarding our gifts wisely?
From your observations, what would be your advice to women who feel particularly called to ministry, but are having a hard time figuring out the “how” and “when”?
How can we best combat the pressures for producing over intimacy with God? How does this practically look in your life?
As a woman who many younger women in the faith look up to, what do you think is the most important thing we can do with our time, from your perspective?
BIBLICALLY SOUND RESOURCE
LINKS, BOOKS & OTHER FUN STUFF!
• Book | Cling: Choosing A Lifestyle Of Intimacy With God (https://amzn.to/2UVFZjy)
• Book | A Dangerous Calling by Paul David Tripp (http://bit.ly/2UC0T20)
• Book | The Souls Of Black Folks by W. E. B. Du Bois (https://amzn.to/2GEDadP) | *Double Consciousness was referred to from this book in the episode.
• Kim’s Website to access her books, work etc. | https://www.kimcashtate.com/
• Kim’s Instagram Handle: @kimcashtate
• Cling The Series on YouTube | http://bit.ly/2XLemqp
• Cling The Series SOUNDTRACK | http://bit.ly/2GF030K
• Intimacy With God & Pursuing God-Sized Dreams Series by Kim Cash Tate | http://bit.ly/2IEPvks
• Do you have questions that you would like to ask to be answered on one of our upcoming episodes? Click here to submit your questions anonymously! All we ask is that you leave a first name alias so that we can address you on the show!